For the admission of students to the Lower Kindergarten (LKG), the policy of first-come-first-served is applied. Since, as per the recommendations of the Yashpal Commission / HP Govt., the qualifying age for admission to Class I is 6+, a child for the LKG should be between 3½ - 4 years of age on the 31st March of the year of admission. Depending on the availability of seats, students are admitted to other classes provided they qualify an entrance exam. Those seeking admission to Classes up to IX must qualify in a written test of English and Mathematics and those for Class XI in English and other subjects of their choice. Admission to Class XI is granted to girl students from other boards as well; however this admission is provisional till the ICSE Board issues an eligibility certificate. No fresh admissions are taken to classes X and XII. For those selected, boarding facility is available for girl students from Class III – XII.
- Prior to filling in the Registration Form, given at the end of this booklet, a thorough reading of the prospectus is required. The duly filled-in Registration Form is submitted along with a photocopy of the Birth Certificate. A copy of the report card is also attached in case of admissions to Class II and above.
- Admission Form must be filled in carefully paying special attention to accurate spellings and date of birth.
- Registration does not automatically lead to admission.
- Eligible candidates will be called in for a written test on the 2nd Saturday of November, each year, except for the LKG where the admission is on the basis of first-come-first-served.
- The school reserves the right to grant or refuse admission.
- The selected candidates will be informed of the result within a week of the admission test. Parents of selected candidates are to confirm the admission by paying the admission fee, which is non-refundable.
- Admission remains provisional till the Transfer Certificate (original) from the previous school is submitted. In case of failure to do so within 15 days of the admission, the seat will be given to the next candidate in the waiting list.
- Once the name, date of birth, parents’ name, etc are entered in the school records, they will not be altered.
- Disputes, if any, will be under the jurisdiction of the Dalhousie Court only.
- Once the child is admitted, parents and students will have to abide by the rules and regulations of the school.
- The school does not accept any donation/capitation fee for admission nor has it any agent/middle person for this purpose.
- All payment to the school are made through the bank only (SBI for boarders, PNB for day scholars)